Real Estate Help
Real Estate Tools
Realtor® Code of Ethics
All Realtors® are members of the National Association of Realtors® and subscribe to NAR's strict Code of Ethics which governs their dealings with clients and customers, the public and with each other. Not all real estate licensees are Realtors®.
Consumers can feel confident that the Realtor® they choose to work with has taken the voluntary step of agreeing to abide by a code of ethics developed with public protection in mind. In addition, a Realtor® is subject to disciplinary action should a local association of Realtors® find him or her in violation of the Code of Ethics. The Code of Ethics of NAR consists of 17 Articles. The basic principles are summarized as follows:
Duties to Clients and Customers
- protect and promote their client's interests while being honest with all parties. They do not reveal confidential information.
- avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation or concealment of pertinent facts.
- cooperate with other real estate professionals to advance their client's best interests.
- when buying or selling, make their position or interest known.
- disclose any present or contemplated interest in any transaction to all parties.
- avoid "side deals" without their client's informed consent.
- accept compensation from only one party, except with full disclosure and informed consent of their client.
- keep funds of clients and customers in an escrow account.
- ensure that transactional details are in writing.
Duties to the Public
- provide equal service to all clients and customers.
- be knowledgeable and competent in the fields of practice in which they ordinarily engage.
- obtain assistance from a knowledgeable professional or disclose any lack of expertise to their client.
- present a true picture in advertising and other public representations.
- avoid the unauthorized practice of law.
- be a willing participant in ethics enforcement procedures.
Duties to Realtors®
- ensure their comments about other real estate professionals are truthful and not misleading.
- respect the exclusive relationships of other Realtors®.
- arbitrate contractual disagreements with other Realtors® and with their clients.
Candy Gulsvig - Broker - GRI - ePro®
Affinity Real Estate Inc
600 Park Avenue S
Park Rapids MN 56470
Minnesota Lake Homes For Sale - Minnesota Lake Lots For Sale - MN Real Estate For Sale - Candy Gulsvig